A team of 4 students from Temasek Polytechnic were commissioned by Simply Wills to conduct a marketing survey on the following areas in 2011 :
- How many of those interviewed do not have a Will written;
- The reason(s) why they have not written their Wills;
- Their understanding of the intestacy rules;
- Their opinion on the cost of writing a Will;
- Their perception on who can provide the service;
- Their understanding on the requirements of a valid Will;
- Their understanding of Wills Registry.
✐ 87% of the working adults in Singapore do not have a Will written yet;
✐ 18% of those interviewed are considering making one;
- Age 21-30 : 15%
- Age 31-40 : 30%
- Age 41-50 : 35%
- Above 50 : 20%
✐ 51% of those interviewed thought that a Will made must be registered with the Wills Registry to be recognized as a valid Will.