A team of 4 students from Temasek Polytechnic were commissioned by Simply Wills to conduct a marketing survey on the following areas in 2011 :
1. How many of those interviewed do not have a Will written;
2. The reason(s) why they have not written their Wills;
3. Their understanding of the intestacy rules;
4. Their opinion on the cost of writing a Will;
5. Their perception on who can provide the service;
6. Their understanding on the requirements of a valid Will;
7. Their understanding of Wills Registry.
Here are some of the findings:
- 87% of the working adults in Singapore do not have a Will written yet;
- 18% of those interviewed are considering making one.
Their age groups:
Age 21-30 : 15%
Age 31-40 : 30%
Age 41-50 : 35%
Above 50 : 20%
- 18% of those interviewed accurately indicated that there are 9 intestacy rules.
- 51% of those interviewed thought that a Will made must be registered with the Wills Registry to be recognized as a valid Will.
For assistance, please email us at email@example.com